Basic Modelling

I have been making my way through the supplied 3DS Max tutorials for Modelling.

I figure modelling is a good base to start with and it was also what I remembered most about from all the years ago.

I've definately got the hang of driving around the viewports, the two basic models below probably took me about 4-5 hours in total to complete. I find myself being a little bit fussy which is maybe holding be back a little bit. I'm trying to perfectly position every vertex, which is not really nessacary with these low-poly models. There are so many tools and options, it is very overwhelming. But I think I am getting the hang of vertex and edge manipulation.

Knight Chess Piece
Built with a spine cage and the Symmetry modifier.




P38 Fighter Plane
Modelled using transformed primitives, bend modifier used on the wings.
I was happy how this one turned out.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment